Sunday April 7th – 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Woodland Harvest Mountain Farm
Connect with local farmers, get your hands dirty, and have tons of fun!
*Carpool: Meet in the parking lot at Queen and Water Street in Downtown Boone at 12:00pm. We should return by 5:30pm.
Join Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture for our **March Farm Work Day at Woodland Harvest Mountain Farm in West Jefferson. We will help with garden work and bioshelter construction as well as tour their dynamic, off-grid farm and learn the many sustainability principles employed on this one-of-a-kind farm.
*You can also meet out at the farm at 12:30.
Address: 639 Edwards Road, West Jefferson, NC | 336.877.3715
Directions from Boone:
- 421 south for about 10 miles
- left on 221 North (toward west jefferson). 221 for about 9 miles to
- left on Clarence Lyall Rd.
- right on Baldwin Rd.
- left on Bald Mountain Rd for 2.5 miles to a stop sign.
- left on edwards (gravel) for .5 mile to
- left into driveway: 639 edwards rd.
- If you get to a red gate & cemetery, you’ve missed us by about 50 yards.
(**The original date of this event, March 24th, was changed due to bad weather. )